Leading Insurance Brokerage Serving Calgary
We know that getting the right insurance policy can be tricky. Especially for your home. Whether your home is an acreage of farmland, in a new build, or a condo in the downtown area, we’ll find you the right coverage at the right price.
Calgary home insurance quotes are available for all detached, semi-detached, townhomes, bungalows, trailers, and condos.
Our experienced brokers are always ready to help you save time and money with insurance advice. You don’t have to be a Sharp customer to get answers.
When you get a free, no-obligation home insurance quote, you immediately get access to our network of insurers. With a single application, our brokers will do the legwork and get you multiple quotes.
In addition to providing home insurance in Calgary, Sharp can also take care of your recreation, car, and business insurance needs.
Contact us and let’s see how much money we can save you.
What are the Different Types of Insurance in Calgary?
There are many different types of insurance in Calgary. We offer a wide range of protection for your various needs. This includes:
Calgary ATV Insurance
Calgary Boat Insurance
Calgary Car Insurance
Calgary Commercial Auto Insurance
Calgary Commercial General Liability Insurance
Calgary Commercial Insurance
Calgary Commercial Property Insurance
Calgary Condo Insurance
Calgary Construction Insurance
Calgary Directors & Officers Insurance
Calgary Event Liability Insurance
Calgary Home Insurance
Calgary Motorcycle Insurance
Calgary Motorhome Insurance
Calgary Professional Liability Insurance
Calgary Snowmobile Insurance
Calgary Trailer Insurance
Calgary Travel & Medical Insurance
Calgary High Risk Drivers Insurance
Calgary Young & New Driver Insurance
Calgary DUI Insurance
Is Insurance Mandatory in Calgary?
Yes, you need insurance in Calgary if you own a car or if you finance a home or vehicle. By law, the only mandatory insurance is third-party liability insurance for your car – this covers the costs of repairing or replacing another person’s vehicle as well as expenses relating to injuries or a lawsuit if you’re at-fault in an accident.
You’ll likely need insurance if you finance a car or recreational vehicle or have a mortgage on your home. Lenders may require you to have a certain amount and type of insurance.
If you’re not financing your vehicle or home, insurance is still a good idea. While it’s a fantastic city to live in, Calgary experiences a lot of weather perils: wind, hail, flooding, snowstorms. And the crime and traffic that come with every big city. Insurance can’t prevent bad things from happening, but it can help you recover and rebuild financially.
How to Get Cheap Insurance in Calgary
There are several ways to get low-cost insurance rates in Calgary. It could be as easy as paying a lump sum every year to pay your insurance bill instead of monthly fees. Ask your insurance company if any of the below tips apply to you.
10 Ways to Lower Your Insurance Bill
- Submit a claim only if you can’t pay out-of-pocket
- Bundle & save money (e.g. auto and home policies)
- You may not need comprehensive insurance for an older car
- Set a higher deductible, if it’s affordable
- Install winter tires and notify your insurer
- Avoid gaps in your insurance history
- Cut down on your daily commute, or carpool to work
- Research before you buy a new home or car (crime/claim rate, proximity to emergency services)
- Maintain a healthy credit rating
- Keep a clean driving record
If you hate shopping around, give us a call. We love helping our customers find the ideal rates to suit their insurance needs.
Why Do I Need Insurance in Calgary?
Could you afford to rebuild your home out of pocket if something happened? Get repairs done on your car after an accident with no financial hardship? Cover the expenses of a lawsuit on your own? Insurance helps reduce the financial burden of a disaster or unexpected event.
What Does Insurance Cover in Calgary?
Your specific Insurance coverage in Calgary depends on many variables, including your insurer. A policy covers two main areas:
Insurance is customizable. There are a ton of options when it comes to insurance. Each type of coverage and each insurance company offers different amounts and types of protection. Our job is to help you get the coverage that matches your budget.
What Are the Common Types of Business Insurance?
Whether you just started a small accounting business or head up a team of 50 in the IT industry, you need to know how to protection yourself, your staff, and your assets.
7 Types of Business Insurance:
What is a Loss Settlement Option?
You have insurance for your belongings, but what happens if you have an insured loss? It’s hard to know how much money you’ll be reimbursed. A foolproof way to have an estimate of the amount you’ll get back is your loss settlement option.
A loss settlement option is the money your insurer pays you after your claim is settled. You can choose from the actual cash value, replacement cost, or agreed value options at the time you set up your policy. These 3 options apply to all types of insurance you buy – from your home to your car insurance and everything in between.
3 Loss Settlement Options:
Get the Right Coverage in Calgary
Getting the right coverage in Calgary is the perfect mix of protection and price.
What is a Policy Limit
A policy limit is the maximum amount of money your insurance company will pay you after you make a claim. The amount may go directly to you or a third-party that was impacted by the loss.
For example, while the minimum third-party liability for car insurance is in the thousands of dollars, it’s often recommended to have up to $2 million in third-party liability. The $2 million is your car insurance policy limit.
If you need details of your policy limit, contact one of our brokers or your insurance company.
What Factors Impact Calgary Insurance Rates?
The cost of insurance in Calgary depends on a lot of different factors. Two people with the same car can have different car insurance rates in Calgary. The same for neighbours who can have completely different home insurance premiums.
Factors that impact the cost of insurance in Calgary:
- Your demographics
- Your insurance and claims history
- Your credit rating
- Your driving record (number and severity of tickets)
- Where you live or operate your business
- This determines the claim and crime rate of the area, as well as the distance to a fire station and fire hydrant, how close you are to risks like rivers, and the frequency and severity of natural disasters
- The make, model and age of your car, motorcycle or recreational vehicle
- If you commute and how far
- How much it would cost to rebuild or replace your home, belongings, vehicle, or business premises
- The building type, age and construction of your home or business premises
- The age and type of roof, heating, plumbing, and electrical also impact your Calgary insurance prices
- The type of business you run – its industry, the value of the business you do, et cetera
- Security or damage mitigation devices you have installed
- Your insurance options, including coverage, deductible and policy limits
- Discounts you’re eligible for
Each type of insurance in Calgary has different elements that impact the cost of insurance. It will also vary by insurance company and your own personal policy choices. Our Calgary insurance brokers can help you find competitive rates.
Getting an Insurance Quote in Calgary
Getting an online insurance quote for Calgary is easier than you think. Just fill in a quote form, email us, or give us a call when it’s convenient for you.
The more information you provide, the more accurate your quote will be. For example, for car insurance, you will be asked:
- The make, model and year of your car
- Your driver’s license number
- Your birth date, years licensed, and demographics
- If you have any accidents or tickets on your record
- What insurance company you’re insured with
- If you’ve had any claims
- The purchase price of your car
For home insurance, you’ll be asked for:
- Your address
- Type of home
- Construction and exterior finish
- Age/ type of roof, heating, plumbing and electrical
- If you have a fireplace, pool, or trampoline
- If you have a garage, deck, shed, or other outbuildings
- If you’ve made any claims
- The name of your insurer
Our Calgary insurance brokers will also talk to you about your insurance options, like coverage, policy limits, and deductible as these also affect the price.
Work with the Best Calgary Insurance Brokers
Our dedicated brokers are eager to help you with your insurance needs. A few ways our brokers can help you.
- Advise you on your insurance needs
- Get you competitive Calgary insurance quotes
- Advocate for you if you have a claim and help you through the process
Our MySharp app and web portal lets you manage your insurance needs whenever and wherever you want. It works on computers, tablets and smartphones. You can access and print your pink cards, submit claims, request a change, or simply review your insurance details.
Get a Calgary insurance quote online or give us a call to find out more about what we can do for you.
Why is Sharp Insurance the brokerage to work with?
It’s simple, we treat your insurance needs like they’re our own. We advise, negotiate on your behalf, and provide you with excellent customer service.
We work for you
We match your insurance wants with an insurer that has your best interests at heart.
We offer you choices
You can choose what coverage level you want at the best rates for your home and toys.
We shop around for you
Our brokers love to shop around for you, so you can get back to business at home or on the road.
We give you digital choices
Forget about your messy glove compartment; pick up your phone to access your pink card or to make a claim.
We take good care of your needs
We want the same as you: to have the best possible rates and awesome customer service. We deliver!