Award-Winning Insurance Brokerage in Kanata
Whether you prefer to hang out in your new build or take a weekend trip to Montebello Resort, you need your toys and precious investments to have prime insurance protection. Wherever you live in Kanata, we have the optimal insurance coverage to give you peace of mind.
What are the Different Types of Insurance in Kanata?
At Sharp, we provide many categories of insurance that will match your everyday needs and extends to your long-term hopes.
We provide you with insurance in these areas:
- Home, renters, tenant Insurance
- Car, motorcycle, recreational vehicle insurance
- Small Business Insurance
- Commercial Insurance (General, property, professional liability)
- Construction Insurance
- Event Liability Insurance
- Travel Insurance Insurance
Find additional types of insurance that we offer: [Link to page].
Types of Insurance in Kanata
Is Insurance Mandatory in Kanata?
While it’s mandatory to have car insurance to drive in Kanata, home insurance is a necessity. Consider life without adequate protection for your home and its contents.
If you live in the nation’s capital, you’re lucky enough to have access to entertainment, museums, and lots of green space. With lots of free activities, you can invest wisely in your home and toys.
But who do you talk to first? Sharp brokers have the knowledge and friendly demeanor to help you make those hard decisions about your settlement option to your deductible.
How to Get Cheap Insurance in Kanata
You want to get your insurance rates to head south. Luckily, it may be easier than you think. There is no puzzle to put together, just knowledge about how to make rates more affordable.
You can give us a call and we’ll guide you through your choices and how you could benefit from lower rates. In the meantime, let’s review some tips on how to lower your rates.
10 ways to Lower your insurance bill
- Take transit or carpool to work
- Maintain your insurance policy without a break
- Find out the crime rate in your community
- Maintain a healthy credit rating
- Keep a clean driving record
- Avoid a claim if you can pay out of pocket
- Bundle your car and home policies
- Consider omitting comprehensive for your older car
- Set a higher deductible if you can
- Install winter tires and tell your insurer
What Insurance coverage do I need in Kanata?
It’s no surprise that water damage is a common claim for homeowners. But what if you have a fire or hail damage that you’ve never experienced before? Our brokers are here to help you make major decisions about your insurance coverage that can save you money. Our experienced staff is happy to help you find the best match to cover your short and long-term insurance goals.
What are the Common Types of Business Insurance in Kanata?
Entrepreneurs will tell you that starting a business is both rewarding and full of unknowns. But what if you could be protected against unexpected occurrences. You’d sleep better at night. At Sharp, we want to give you the peace of mind you deserve. We help you protect the business you built from scratch. Let’s start with the basics.
7 Types of Business Insurance:
- Property Damage: this protects you from losing funds after a loss to your business property and its contents. Examples include your furniture, computers, and other expensive items.
- Professional Liability: this coverage helps you if you get sued and provides you with financial assistance.
- Equipment Breakdown: equipment breakdown coverage covers repairs or replaces new equipment.
- Business Interruption: if your business shuts down due to an insured loss, business interruption will cover expenses, including your employee’s pay.
- Commercial General Liability: this insurance type will help you pay for unintentional injury to a visitor and their belongings.
- Cyber Liability: cyberattack or data breach protection is available with this type of coverage.
- Commercial Auto: if you have a fleet of vehicles that you use for your business and there is a loss, this protection helps you pay for the damages.
What is a Loss Settlement Option?
A loss settlement option is the set amount your insurance company has agreed to pay you after an insured loss. But how is it calculated? There are 3 loss settlement options to choose from, depending on how much you want to pay and what coverage you need.
3 Loss Settlement Options:
We advise you to keep a list of all your items at home, including your receipts. Taking a video of your belongings also helps, including the back of your TVs and inside of drawers.
What is a Policy Limit?
As a policyholder, you want to know your items are protected so you can get on with your day. Policy limits for your home, car, condo or recreational vehicle are set as the maximum an insurer pays you after a loss. Limits are defined individually per each insured item and set when you set up or renew your insurance policy.
Get the Right Coverage in Kanata
Getting the right coverage in Kanata is the perfect mix of protection and price.
What Factors Impact your Insurance Rates?
It’s important to do your homework when it comes to your insurance rates. If you don’t ask for help, you may not find out you can save money in small ways that amount to big savings. There are myriad ways to save; some variables may apply to you while others won’t. If you lack time to do the detective work, one of our brokers will be happy to shop around for you.
9 Factors that affect your insurance rates:
- Policy limits
- Your insurance history
- Coverage level
- Your credit rating
- Your demographics
- The neighborhood you live in
- Your claims history
- Settlement options
Why Choose Sharp Insurance as your Brokerage?
Who has time to shop around for ideal insurance rates? Most people are too busy living their lives. You’re likely a person that is crunched for time. At Sharp, our brokers understand the insurance market and help you navigate through. We negotiate on your behalf. Here are some ways we help you:
- You choose your insurance company. We help you craft the near perfect insurance policy that considers your lifestyle and budget.
- You have time for yourself. Our brokers do the heavy lifting (I.e. negotiating, shopping for competitive rates) so you can get back to doing what you do best.
- You have access to digital tools: The MySharp app makes insurance simple. The app can find your insurance details or submit a claim at a coffee shop or in the comforts of your home.
- Your needs are our #1 priority: We give you insurance rate options coupled with value that matches your unique needs.
How to Get a Free Online Insurance Quote in Kanata
If you live in Kanata, it’s quick and easy to connect with us and get a competitive insurance quote. Maybe you prefer email or chatting with us on the phone. It’s up to you – we provide the ability to get in touch with us when it works for you.
If you don’t have time to call, follow the steps below and to get a fast and easy competitive quote.
3 Easy Steps to get a free online quote:
- Request an insurance quote online, by phone, or via email.
- Keep your insurance policy in a easy access area at home
- Request a quote from multiple insurance companies.
Our brokers in Kanata are here for you to discuss everything from your policy limits to your settlement options for your home, vehicle, condo, or your travel needs. Get a quote today.
What are the insurance companies we work with?
You may need different insurance policies for your investments. One size doesn’t fit all. We help you find a good match with an insurance company that has your best interests at heart. Below are our 5 partnerships we’ve developed over the years to make insurance easier for you.