Sharp Ambassador Referrer Program Terms and Conditions
Sharp Insurance (“Sharp” or “We”) offers brand ambassadors (“Referrers” or “You”) the opportunity to participate in its referral program (the “Program”). We reserve the right to amend or terminate the Program at any time, for any reason. The Program is administered by Sharp.
Referrers agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by participating in the Program. By participating in the Program, Referrers further agree to use the Program in the manner specified in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, you are not authorized to register as a Referrer or to participate in the Program in any other manner. Referrers may not participate in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulations.
We reserve the right to modify or amend at any time these Terms and Conditions and/or the methods through which rewards are earned. We reserve the right to disqualify any Referrers from participation in the Program at any time at our sole discretion, including without limitation if the Referrer does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise fails to comply with any applicable laws.
Part 1: The Program
Brief Program Overview
A Referrer must be registered in our Sharp Ambassador program to receive rewards for successful referrals.
As a Referrer, you will receive a dedicated landing page with a custom URL. You can send your landing page link to friends to get a quote.
If the quote turns into a Qualified Referral, you will be provided with a reward depending on the line of insurance sold. Please refer to Qualified Referral Rewards below for more detail.
The Referrer must use their custom URL to capture referral information. Any referrals outside of this dedicated link will not be eligible for rewards payable to the Referrer.
To participate, you must:
- Be the age of Majority in your province.
- Be a legal resident of Canada.
- Not be an employee of the Sharp Group of Companies.
A Qualified Referral is defined as a purchase made at www.sharpinsurance.ca/YourNAME.ca by a person (a “Referred Customer”) who arrives at our website by clicking your Referral Program link.
The Referred Customer cannot be a current client of Sharp Group of Companies.
Qualified Referral Rewards
The Program offers the Referrer a fixed reward to be paid out to the Referrer, at minimum, 60 days after the purchase was made.
- Home Insurance: $100
- Condo Insurance: $25
- Tenant: $25
- Per Personal Auto: $50
- Motorcycle: $25
- Trailer: $25
- Motorhome: $25
- Commercial Package or Liability Policy: $100
- Per Commercial Auto: $50
Verification of Qualified Referral
Qualified Referral rewards are subject to verification. Sharp may delay the delivery of a reward for investigation. Sharp may also refuse to verify and process any transaction Sharp deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on Sharp, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. All of Sharp’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral or reward is verified.
Part 2: Privacy
By participating in the Program, Referrers must necessarily submit personal information about themselves and any Referred Customer, such as name and e-mail address information, so that SHARP can send communications to the Referred Customer on the Referrers’ behalf. The personal information will be collected, processed and used in accordance with SHARP’s Privacy Statement, which can be found at https://sharpinsurance.ca/privacy-policy/.
Referrers understand that, in addition to the initial communications to Referred Customers, SHARP may also use the personal information to send to Referred Customers additional follow-up communications on behalf of the Referrers to encourage or remind the Referred Customer to complete a purchase. The personal information may also be used by SHARP to contact Referrers with regards to your participation in the Program and to send to Referrers additional communications from SHARP.
Part 3: Content Ownership and Use.
A. SHARP’s online platform and the Program contain content that includes: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files, computer code, and other content (collectively, “Content”). All Content is the property of SHARP or its licensors and is protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Content on SHARP’s online platform or the Program is the exclusive property of SHARP and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws.
B. License to You
1. SHARP authorizes you, subject to these terms, to access and use SHARP’s online platform, the Program, and the Content solely for your personal, noncommercial use. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and applicable communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of it.
2. The registered or unregistered logos, product and service names contained in SHARP’s online platform or the Program are or may be trademarks of SHARP or its licensors (the “Marks”). Without SHARP’s prior written permission, and except as solely enabled by any link as provided by SHARP, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Marks.
D. User-Submitted Content
3. The registered or unregistered logos, product and service names contained in SHARP’s online platform or the Program are or may be trademarks of SHARP or its licensors (the “Marks”). Without SHARP’s prior written permission, and except as solely enabled by any link as provided by SHARP, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Marks.
Part 4: The Program
B. SHARP shall not be liable for:
4. Late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications, regardless of the method of transmission;
5. Telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors;
6. Data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials;
7. Any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the referral program; or
8. Claims, demands, and damages in disputes among Referrers or between Referrers and Referred Customers; or
9. Any other injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a reward, or from participation in the Program, that was not reasonably foreseeable to SHARP IE at the appropriate time.
C. SHARP disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond SHARP’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Program.
D. SHARP shall not be liable to any Referrer for failure to supply any reward or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasigovernmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the released parties’ control.
E. SHARP reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Program should SHARP determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Program has been compromised in any way.
F. Disclaimer of Warranties
REFERRERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK; THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND SHARP INSURANCE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, “PROMISES”) OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT; (B) SHARP MAKES AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (ii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
G. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
10. REFERRERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SHARP (INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SHARP INSURANCE WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. REFERRERS SHOULD USE THE PROGRAM AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Part 5: Conduct
A. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Program after the occurrence of Prohibited Conduct (as defined below), SHARP reserves the right to cancel, change or suspend the Program.
B. Prohibited Conduct, Generally
Referrers agree not to use the Program to:
- Violate applicable law;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of SHARP or any third parties;
- Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Collect or store personal data about other Referrers;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent Referrer’s identity;
- Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Program; or disobey any requirements, procedures,
- policies, or regulations of such networks;
- Interfere with another Referrer’s use of the Program;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Program;
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
- Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Program to others.
C. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”)
If a Referrer provides a Personal Link to SHARP INSURANCE.com/Refer to a Friend by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members.
Bulk referrals, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Program in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in SHARP ’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer’s participation in the Program. SHARP has a no-tolerance spam policy.
SHARP has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Referrers; however, SHARP may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
While SHARP is the actual sender of the referral email, each Referrer must nonetheless comply with applicable law.
D. Fraudulent and Suspicious Behavior
- SHARP may prohibit a Referrer from participating in the Program or receiving a reward, in SHARP’s sole discretion if SHARP determines that such Referrer is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Referrers or any representatives of SHARP.
- Use of any affiliate website, affiliate network properties, automated systems, script, or macro to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Referrers may not enter with multiple or fake emails addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Program or receive a Reward.
- SHARP reserves the right to disqualify any Referrer and/or cancel any reward(s) if SHARP finds a Referrer to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or violating these Terms and Conditions in any way.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SHARP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
E. No Employment Relationship. Referrer expressly understands and agrees that:
no employment relationship shall be formed between Sharp and Referrer. Nothing herein shall be construed as reserving to either party the right to control the other in the conduct of its employees or business, nor shall either party have the authority to make any promise, guarantee, warranty, or representation which will create any obligation or liability whatsoever, whether express or implied, on behalf of the other.
Sharp Insurance shall not withhold any type of taxes on Referrer’s behalf, any sums for income tax, unemployment insurance, social security, GST or any other withholding pursuant to any law or requirement of any government agency, and payment of all such withholdings and remittances shall be Referrers sole responsibility.
Referrers shall indemnify and hold Sharp harmless from any and all loss or liability arising with respect to any of the foregoing benefits or withholdings that Referrer fails to remit.