Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
COVID-19 (printable resources, more health information)
World Health Organization
Small business resources, helping kids cope, mental health resources.
EI and Emergency Support
Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for:
- The government is waiving the one-week waiting period for those individuals in imposed quarantine.
- For additional information visit the EI website.
Emergency Care Benefit:
- Intended for those who don’t qualify for EI, can’t go to work, and don’t have paid sick leave:
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19.
- Who can apply:
- Workers – including self-employed – who are quarantined or sick within with COVID-19
- Those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify
- Parents staying home to care for children because of school closures
For additional information visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.
The Emergency Support Benefit: Intended to be a long-term income support
GST Credit: A one-time special payment by early May close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples
Canada Child Benefit
- An increase of $300 per child as part of the May payment.
Canada Student Loans
- Placing a 6-month free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all individuals currently in the process of paying these loans
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs)
- Reducing minimum withdrawals from RRIF by 25% for 2020.